Yesterday, you had no choice. The only way to get your power was from the utility and fuel company. Our goal is to change this. An alternative for all farmers. A way to save money on your power bills, without having to put any money down. A month-to-month fixed competitive rate. Today, we are happy to announce that we can now expand our program to include Grid-Tied Electric Systems!
Is independence important to you? Our power systems work like off-grid systems, even if you’re grid-tied to the utility company. We do Not need to feed the sun power back into the grid. The solar power is used to power your equipment. Is this independence and savings of value to you?
Our new program expansion can now offer cash flow positive power pricing to year-round farmers who are currently paying higher than $0.15 / kWh on their electric bill or have diesel costs above $2.05 / gallon.
These rates from first round program funding for grid-tied and off-grid power are limited to first come first serve participant producers.
Find out if you qualify:
Agriculture Energies program for delivering power to your equipment a cleaner, more affordable alternative to your monthly bill. With our "power purchase" qualifying farmers can simply pay for their solar power by the month, just like your bill, only lower and locked in for 20 years.
Savings Grow Every Year
Selected agricultural producers' savings can grow over time as traditional prices continue to increase. Historically, prices have been increasing over time. With our "Power Purchase" program participants can fix a competitive electricity rate for the next 20 years and beyond.
Service Package Included
With our Power Purchase, we install the photovoltaic-hybrid system for free and take care of it for the entire length of power purchase program commitment.
System Monitoring: We constantly monitor the system's performance to ensure it's running smoothly. If problems do arise, our network of service crews will be notified and dispatched to get it back online.
Repair Service: We own the equipment and take care of all repairs at no added cost.
Power Pricing: You may be eligible to participate in the purchase power program at a lower locked in price than what you are currently paying. Protect yourself against inflation and rising energy costs.
Agriculture Energies, L.L.C. engineers photovoltaic (solar) energy solutions to meet the power requirements of off-grid and grid-tied equipment, which in turn, provides producers with a means to stabilize energy costs and reduce carbon footprints.
Anticipated Benefits to Customer
- • No capital outlay for the photovoltaic system.
- • No maintenance of the photovoltaic system.
- • Reduced exposure to fossil fuel price volatility.**
- • Reduced maintenance of fossil fuel system.
- • Reduced carbon emissions.
- • Reduced noise pollution.
- ** According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the cost of diesel fuel has increased at an average annual rate of 6.5% over the last 20 years.
- Located in the United States, preferably in the West and Midwest states of longer sun hours;
- Minimum power requirement is 75 horsepower; and
- Equipment cost and usage minimum to be cash flow positive:
Your Current Cost for
Electricity or Diesel
$0.15/kWh or $2.05/gallon
$0.16/kWh or $2.19/gallon
$0.17/kWh or $2.33/gallon
$0.18/kWh or $2.47/gallon
$0.19/kWh or $2.61/gallon
$0.20/kWh or $2.75/gallon
$0.21/kWh or $2.89/gallon
How does a Power Purchase Program work?
If you are selected, we require that you have control of the land your well is located on. We will design, install, own, operate and maintain a solar-hybrid electric generating system for your equipment. This energy will satisfy a percentage of your electricity requirements for that equipment. You agree to purchase all of the solar electricity generated by the system. You are willing to provide us with access to, and the right to use a portion of your property for the purpose of having us design, install, operate and maintain this system.
Program's Flexible Payment Options
Selected participants can go solar for as little as $0 down or can prepay for some of the electricity in advance to apply towards program's minimum ongoing monthly payments. Members can also fully prepay annual Power Purchase Program payment so that they do not have any ongoing monthly bills.
Buy System Later
With Power Purchase Program, participants can purchase the system outright at the end of years 6, 15, or 20. Otherwise members can choose to extend their Power Purchase Agreement in 5 year intervals beyond the completion of the 20 year period.
- • Agriculture Solar handles everything from start to finish – including installation, monitoring, maintenance and repairs.
- • Qualified participants start saving from day one once system is turned on (date of commissioning).
- • In most cases, program's power rate is noticeably less expensive than current energy bill.
- • PPA is a common industry standard for a solar “Power Purchase Agreement.”
- • Power Purchase Agreements are intended to allow payment for the power the solar panels produce, as opposed to the leasing the equipment.
- • PPA program requires no front cost beyond first power payment once the system is commissioned.
- • Purchase price of power is locked in for a twenty (20) year period.
- • It is possible to agree to a five (5) year renewal of the agreement beyond the end of the original term, and then after that, agree to a second five (5) renewal of the agreement.
- • Option of purchasing the program's system outright at the end of years six (6), fifteen (15), and twenty (20), at a fair market value.
- • A good credit rating is necessary to qualify.
- • System is always connected to a generator, any electricity needs that the solar doesn't produce, is automatically covered by generator.
- • According to the United States Department of Energy, the cost of diesel fuel has increased 6.5% annually over the last 20 years.
Horsepower: 200 HP
Size: 275 kW
Output: 500,000 kWh per year
Avoided Carbon Emissions: 800,000 pounds of CO2 per year.
Summary: A premium producer known for its trademark produce. At the time of construction, this estimated 275 (kW DC) off-grid solar system with its patented technology was one of the largest solar irrigation project in the world. System delivers water from 1,000 feet (305 meters) beneath the surface at a rate of approximately 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters) per minute, while reducing energy costs by estimated $50,000 per year starting in 2004.
From Owner: “When I realized that the grid had been cut off and a 200 horsepower pump, using only the energy from the sun above, was pumping 1,000 gallons of water a minute from a depth of 1,000 feet ... well, that was a very powerful moment.”
Horsepower: 200 HP
Output: 400,000 kWh per year.
Avoided Carbon Emissions: 600,000 pounds of CO2 per year.
Summary: The aggregate production capacity of this off-grid solution is 250 kW DC. The hybrid system provides power to two irrigation wells and yields energy costs savings of 70%.
Testimonial From Owner: "We’re happy to use environmental measures to do our work. With this advanced solar technology, we will be conserving electricity and water and reducing our operations costs."
Size: 1.2 MW
Output: 1,900,000 kWh per year
Avoided Carbon Emissions: 3,000,000 pounds of CO2e per year.
Summary: Farm millions of pounds of produce from 1,000 acres (405 hectares). This 1.5 MW solar system addressed the air quality concerns and unreliable utility service by replacing diesel powered electricity generation. The system provides power for 6 irrigation pumps, and in its first year of service, reduced the farms energy costs by approximately $350,000.
From Owner:“We were lucky to work together with a forward thinking company who understood the real pain of the farming community with regard to the electricity and water costs. Today, we are planning to expand our solar footprint on additional acreage in order to provide sustainable, emissions-free electricity to our entire operations.”
Would you know of any owners that are running equipment larger than 75HP and paying over $0.15 / kWh for electric or more than $2.05 / gallon on diesel, running year round?* It is first-come first-serve this time around. Have them write or call me and we will give them a savings comparison.
* refer to table above
Pay for just the power.Have an independent energy power system, but you only buy the power produced. We own and operate the systems for you.
A guaranteed power rate. Yes, you read that right.
No surprises. No rate hikes. No kidding.
You know when you open your gas bill and gasp because your fuel rates suddenly went up?
That won’t happen anymore. With Agriculture Solar's ability to sell you power to purchase, we offer a guaranteed rate - and even better? We lock in those rates for over 20 years. The catch? Well, there is no catch. Really. Here’s all there is to it.
• We buy the system and install it on your land.
• You pay a fee for your power.
• It generates power for you – with rates that are locked in.
• Save immediately on your gas bill.
GET STARTED »